For the last class we pretty much just went over what we had learned and climbed. We had some things pointed out to us that we needed to practice as we went.
We did learn about heel hooks and toe hooks. They are using your heel or toe to hold onto something (hook onto it) to help with balance or to move from one place to the next. We went over dynoing, which is where you let go of the wall completely to grab another hold (like jumping or leaping), I'm not so much into such things, it scares me to let go of the wall with all my limbs to move to another place. And then there is dead pointing where you grab on while moving upwards but part of you stays touching the wall.
And then there was more practicing. I am so glad we took the class we've learned so much and I am constantly seeing our climbing skills improve as we go to the gym each week.
A few other terms we went over earlier and I just never put in a blog, I'm sure this isn't a complete list but this is what I could think of now:
Beta: Information given to the climber while they are climbing by someone else
Redpoint: to complete a climb without falling or resting after previously having unsuccessfully attempted the route.
On-sight: climbing the route the first time you attempt it without falling or resting and without receiving beta from someone else on how to climb it
Pumped: When your arms are so tight from climbing that you can no longer hold anything or use them for normal functions
Wow, I had no idea it was this in depth! Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it =0)
ReplyDeleteIt was so much information I figured I should write it all down so I remembered.
ReplyDelete