The end of the Raven's season is marked by the Fools on Ice tournament that we put on each year. This was my first year as a Raven so it was my first time experiencing all the fun and excitement and WORK that goes into this tournament. Jolene works nonstop to make this tournament a success for everyone involved! I volunteered to keep score and do locker room duties Friday night, after four hours of standing in the freezing cold keeping score and I was absolutely frozen!
On Saturday we had a game at 10:00am (we won 4-2), following that I went up to the Everett rink to do locker room duty there from about 1:30 until 4:30. Then back to Olympic view for our second game at 5:30pm (another win 6-0). I then stayed around the rink helping out with raffle ticket sales (aka visiting with some of the gals on the team) and doing some locker room clean up and such. Mom won one of the raffle "baskets" and gave it to me. I now have one really awesome hockey lamp!
Sunday brought another hockey game at 10:00am (another win 6-3) followed by the championship game at 2:45pm. We won the championship 6-2. For a championship prize we got tote bags with the tournament logo on them. After that we all cleaned up the rest of the tournament stuff and headed out to The Moose for beer and food. I had one of the best taco salads that I've had in a long time! The team talked and had some fun and decided to plan a weekend getaway during the summer for just us gals! I can't wait!
Here are some pictures from the championship game. Enjoy!
 |
| That's me. |
 |
| Yeah, that really is me falling out of the bench. |
 |
| Passing to Greenie... and she scores! |
 |
| ~Raven's 2011~ |
Sounds like a blast! Love the lamp! I am sitting here right now watching my Philly Flyers compete in the Stanley cup playoffs. Tomorrow the Canucks play, we both like them a lot too. I love hockey! It's the best sport there is ;) Glad you had a fun time playing this season, here's to next? ;)
ReplyDelete