This past Christmas a few of us received crock pots so an idea was born, we would have a crock pot cook off where we all got together and brought something to eat. The something had to be cooked in a crock pot of course. After hearing it was going to be held at mom's house I volunteered to have everyone over at our house for the first annual crock off. Everyone had a blast and the food was incredibly tasty! It was rather amazing the way it worked out, even though no one really told people what they were making we ended up with various desserts, appetizers, main dishes and even a side dish or two.
Dani and JP made an awesome trophy for the winner, I believe the plan is to pass it along each year. We all decided it was so much fun that it had to be an annual event!
Here are the dishes that were brought:
![]() |
| Sara's Corn dip, I hear this was very good (it has Jalapenos in it so I didn't have any)! She won the first annual crock off! |
![]() |
| Meatballs (by Amy) |
![]() | |
| Pam's little smokies |
![]() |
| Pam's Mac and Cheese |
![]() |
| JP and Dani's Beef Bourguignon |
![]() |
| Mom and Dad's Lima Beans and Ham Hawks |
![]() |
| Dad's Chicken dish, I dunno what to call it but it was very tasty! |
![]() |
| Amy's Three Berry Cobbler |
![]() |
| Dani and JP's Blueberry Cobbler |
Chad brought along Nala and she and Rosco had a blast running around outside playing in the yard. Rosco isn't as young as he once was though, Nala wears him out completely (and all the running around aggravated his limp he sometimes gets, but I think he had fun anyways).















I love this crock off idea!! Did they all bring tupperware to take other tastiness home?
ReplyDeleteAdore the shots of the dogs playing!
A couple of them brought tupperware to bring things home, I'm guessing everyone will next year. It was pretty awesome the way it all turned out. Now to figure out what to make for next year. You can never start planning too early!
ReplyDeleteOh it all looked so yummy Amy! Wish we could have tried all of it LOL! What a great idea! Nala has gotten big since we saw her as a puppy, but I guess they do that LOL
ReplyDelete