Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mirror Lake Hike


Last year we started a tradition of going on a fall hike with as much of the family as we can get together.  So this year we set the date and said we were going rain or shine, it was very much on the rain end of that.  I'm so glad we weren't hiking to some mountaintop to see a gorgeous view because the fog was just crazy, as it was we could barely see the lake we were going too.  I don't think any of us minded though, and now we have a reason to go back and see the lake.  The picture above is of the lake, I found it on the internet it is not mine... but there is the log you can later see us standing on for a picture.

The hiking crew consisted of Dad, Dani, Cassandra, Chad, Sara, Pamela, Jeff, Joshua, Richard, myself and Dad's friend Gary.  We brought along Rosco and Nala as well.  This was Cassandra's first hike, she did an awesome job, the hike was about 8 miles with all the side trips and such we did.  We found some caches, enjoyed the rain and the beauty that is the Pacific Northwest.  I really wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment