Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lord Hill Regional Park


After going to Mirror Lake I had really wanted to do more hiking right away.  We decided to head out to Lord Hill Regional Park in Snohomish, it has miles of trails and such for people to enjoy.  We only walked about 3 miles since we got a late start on the day, a.k.a. Amy wanted to sleep in.  The trails are nice, I particularly liked the ones that weren't as large and kind of went through between the larger trails.  When it comes to enjoyment, I really am much more a mountain hiker then a park stroller.  When we first started out there are houses on both sides and it really did NOT feel like I was out enjoying nature.  The further into the trails you go the less you feel like you're in someones backyard.  I would still prefer going to the mountains and seeing a lake or vista or old growth forest, but I had a nice walk with my boys on a beautiful October day. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment