I finally got to use my new snowshoes! I'm super excited. Jeff, Dani, JP, Richard and I went what felt like straight up the mountain (we went about 3 miles in and gained about 1300 ft in elevation). The first little bit we didn't need the snowshoes, it's been warm enough and the trail was traveled enough that it was walkable. It slowly became less and less walkable and a few feet (and legs) ended up in the snow. Dani and I stopped and put on our shoes before the guys, I figured it was better to have a good base and not be slipping and sliding. I have enough issues with my hips being out of place that I probably don't really need to be sliding around. It was a great day to be out in the mountains, not too cold, not too bright, a little more overcast then I would have liked but beautiful none the less. There were snowball fights, running off up hills (and accidentally sliding down them from time to time), lots of laughs and I think I can say everyone had a great time. I may not have been able to move the next day but it was certainly worth it! Next time I'm hoping for a little less elevation gain however, I'm not quite up to that big of a gain quite yet.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Such a pretty hike up the mountain! We loved snowshoeing up in Maine. It's a good workout for sure!
ReplyDelete