Saturday, July 3, 2010

Geowoodstock VIII


Geowoodstock is a huge gathering of geocachers that is held each year.  Pamela and Jeff have gone to a few of them over the last few years in Texas and a few other states.  This year it was in Carnation, so I just had to go.  I haven't been feeling well, just getting over a sinus infection and my head still felt a bit like exploding.  But I went anyways because well, who knows if Geowoodstock will ever be back in Washington, and I'm not traveling around the country to gather with a bunch of geocachers I've never met.  Honestly I'm just not that into it.  I love geocaching, I love seeing new places (especially new hikes or traveling to places I've never been to), but I'm just not that into meeting a bunch of people that run out trying to get the highest numbers possible or whatever.  I've found that I don't really enjoy caching for numbers, I'm more of a quality kind of person when it comes to caching.  And when we go on vacations sometimes I plan to many and I get tired of it.  When it gets to feeling like a chore, I just don't do them anymore.  All that being said, I had a great time at Geowoodstock VIII. 

We went and had lunch, did scavenger hunt, shopped at the booths (where I got a gorgeous red butterfly geocoin), and smiled for the camera.  Dallas and Tony went as well and I really enjoyed spending some time with Dallas, it's crazy how fast those kids are growing up.





1 comment:

  1. Have heard of it, but never been! Glad you had a good time. I love to Geocache as well, but I am not that into it either. We only have 55 caches total:) I am like you and would rather enjoy the sight seeing myself.

    ReplyDelete