Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camping in Mt Vernon with the Family


Every year the whole family tries to get together for a camping trip, rarely do we actually get the entire crew together but this year we did!

Mom, Dad, Dani and Cassandra headed up on Thursday and picked out the sites so we were together and had enough space for everyone.  I hadn't been feeling well (sinus infection, coughing, lots of not fun) so it wasn't until Friday that I decided I would be able to go for sure.  It ended up that the weather was so nice that I would have had to have my windows open at night to cool the house off so it wasn't much different then being in the house, so why not go spend the weekend relaxing at a campsite?

On Friday we pretty much just set up camp, had burritos for dinner and chilled for a little while around the fire.  Saturday everyone other than Richard and I headed out to Friday Harbor to tour the island and they saw all kinds of neat things.  Part of me really wishes I had gone, but the other part knows I couldn't have walked around that much.  With all my congestion breathing was still really difficult, being sick is no fun.  Richard and I hung out at camp, read, went for a short walk on the trails around camp, went swimming and got dinner started so it was ready when everyone got back.  Gotta love speghetti!

Sunday brought more beautiful weather, a lazy morning, lots of family pictures and packing up so we could all head home.  Oh, and did I mention there were LOTS of flies and mosquitos.  Even with all the bugs it was a wonderful weekend, nice and relaxing. 















1 comment:

  1. It's a treat to be able to have all your family in one spot:) A camping trip like this for my side would be interesting to say the least! HA HA Looks like you had a good turn out and everyone had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete