Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lopez Island (Day 4... the last day)


The last day on the island we packed everything up and headed out to Spencer Spit.  I had been wanting to go to the spit, everything I read about it made it sound like a really neat place.  I don't think it really lived up to all the hype it got.  Sure it was a nice park but I didn't think it was nearly as nice as Iceberg point.  It might be that I wasn't as fond of it because it was far busier then the other places we went.  The day was beautiful, the spit was nice and I found a couple caches here.

After going to the spit we still had quite a bit of time before we had to be at the ferry so we stopped off at Odlin Park.  We didn't really go see much of the park, but we did enjoy the beach.  We made PB&J and sat at the picnic table enjoying the sun and the beautiful view.  After lunch Richard did some resume work and I wandered the beach collecting sea glass and taking pictures of various things.  Then it was time for the ferry ride home.  I had a great vacation and anniversary.  It was very relaxing and very needed!








1 comment: