Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Trip to the Zoo

Last Monday Richard and I took another trip to the zoo, no matter how many times I go it never does seem to get old.  This time we went to look at the African Savannah but there weren't many animals out there.  After that we went through the Trail of Vines exhibit, neither of us could remember the last time we visited that section of the zoo.  Then it was off to the Northern Trail, I can't go to the zoo without going to that exhibit.  Then we went to the day and night exhibit; I wanted to make sure we went there before they close the night half.  It will be sad to have that exhibit no longer open, it will be closing sometime later this year. I do understand the zoos reasoning behind choosing that exhibit to close, I just hope they will be able to open it again sometime in the not TOO far away future.  After that went and saw the penguins, the tropical house (which has the open aviary we love to go sit in) and the flamingos before heading home for the day. 

Here are a few pictures from our latest zoo adventure.

African Savannah:





Trail of Vines:


Northern Trail:



Reptile House (The day half of the Day and Night exhibit):




Other randomish bird pictures:




1 comment:

  1. The Zoo will never get old for me either, we have a few other ones here in Florida that we would love to go visit when time permits. There is so many all day walking opportunities here with Disney world, Universal, Sea World, The butterfly Conservatory and Space Center etc. We should get in quite a bit of walking this year:) Glad you all had a great time, loved the penguins, we don't have those here:)

    ReplyDelete