Saturday, January 16, 2010

To the Oregon coast we go!


For one reason or another this didn't end up getting posted when I was planning it... but here is what we did and some pictures from our trip to the Oregon coast in December.  We went to Oregon celebrating our being together for 12 years! It's hard to imagine it's been that long, yet at the same time it really does feel like it's been forever.  I really can't imagine my life without Richard, he is the love of my life and the most wonderful guy I could have ever hoped for.

We drove down on Saturday.  We didn't leave our house too early as we had no real plans and didn't want to feel rushed.  We stopped in Olympia and had dinner at Casa Mia, it's an incredibly little italian eatery that we found about 10 years ago now and we try to stop by when driving by.  I absolutely LOVE their minestrone soup!  Apparently check in was about a half hour before we got there, thankfully they left keys for us and I was able to check in the next day.  This is the website for the hotel we stayed at - http://innattheshore.com/.  I really enjoyed the room we had.  There was a fireplace, jacuzzi tub and it was pet friendly which was a HUGE plus!  The room had pet bowls and it even had a separate towel and sheet for the floor that were labeled for pets.  We took a quick walk along the prom that evening and then headed to bed.

On Sunday we got up, checked in to the hotel, and then proceeded to find breakfast.  We went to a little place called 360 degrees or something of the sort.  It was decorated incredibly eclectic and the food was pretty decent, nothing too exciting but pretty good.  After breakfast we headed over to the Seaside aquarium, it was freezing but I enjoyed walking through and looking at all the fish!  And as we were leaving someone fed the seals which is always fun.  They do all kinds of fun tricks for the food!  We went back to our room, enjoyed the view and then went for a sunset walk on the beach.  The sunset was beautiful, but it was literally FREEZING!  Since the beach was so empty we let Rosco run on the beach without his leash, he absolutely loved it!  After that we went to Chinese food for dinner.  Then it was back to the room where I enjoyed a sea salt jacuzzi bath, sat in front of the fire, and headed to bed early.  Vacations should be relaxing and you should get some rest after all.

Monday was the designated shopping day.  Before we went shopping we stopped for breakfast at Pig'n Pancake, I had some very tasty Swedish crepes!  We then proceeded up the coast a little and went to Costco and Fred Meyers and got most of our Christmas shopping done.  Two good things about that, one we could shop on Monday when everyone was working so it wasn't all that busy and two we were in Oregon so there was no tax.  We then decided to do a little geocaching, I didn't plan the caches out before I left so I missed an important step to the last cache we were doing.  We ended up walking about a mile along a very rocky beach.  We did find a very large squid on the beach, which we thought was pretty cool. After that we went and checked out the Carousel Mall.  I really wanted to do those old fashioned pictures they had there but they were a bit more then I wanted to spend, maybe next year, though I've been saying that all my life.    After that we headed back to the hotel, ate left over Chinese food, read a bit and then went to bed.

Our last day we packed everything up, turned in the keys and then went and enjoyed the beach one last time.  Rosco really enjoyed running on the beach without the leash.  After the beach walk we headed home.  It really was an enjoyable trip.  We had beautiful sunny days but it was very very cold. 

Seaside Aquarium:





The view from our room:


Sunday beach visit:






Our hotel is the one just to the left of the log with the three peaks.

Tuesday beach visit:




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being together for 12 years and still being so happy! That always helps:) Looks like a beautiful place and sounds very nice too! Enjoyed the pics!

    ReplyDelete