Monday, September 28, 2009

*Sigh* No more Massage Envy for me...

After quite a few years of enjoying massages at Massage Envy and going through quite a few massage therapists, my time there is done. I don't even want to think how much I've spent over the last few years there and budget wise it really made sense to stop going. As much as I loved my last massage therapist Twila (she's the best) and I really would love to keep going to see her I had to cancel my membership.

I had read quite a few negative reviews in regards to canceling memberships so I was a bit apprehensive upon canceling that it would be bad. It sounded like they have a tendency to keep charging your card after you canceled and made it super hard to use your last prepaid. I didn't end up having any issues using my prepaid and thankfully they quit charging me when they were supposed too. However, it turns out that you don't get member benefits starting a month after the day you cancel; not a month after you last pay them. The two in my case were almost an entire month difference as I canceled a few days after I paid them and they charge you one more time after you cancel. When I scheduled my last appointment knowing I only had one prepaid I scheduled my regular two hour appointment anyways figuring that the extra hour would be at member price, I asked if it was okay to do that and the person I scheduled with said it was fine and didn't bother to tell me that it would cost more. So on my last visit after a very relaxing massage I went to pay the extra hour price, which for members was only about $39 dollars, not bad. The person at the reception tells me it'll be the non-member price $79, I so wouldn't have scheduled the appointment for the extra hour had I known that and I let her know. She didn't seem to want to help me and kept telling me that the person who made the appointment should have told me, which I kept telling her they hadn't. To make a long story short, after paying them their membership fee every month for about 4 years with no problems, they didn't care enough to give me the member price for one more visit, if they had I just might have considered going back someday. I did enjoy my membership and I enjoyed going there, but after my last visit I have no intention of ever going back even if it does fit in the budget again someday.

Sorry, just had to vent about that one.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you on that one! It's a sad truth that customers are not treated like they once were anymore.

    ReplyDelete