Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baby Shower

My wonderful sisters and sister in law gave me a fabulous baby shower with something like 30 people at it.  Richard did an amazing job of cleaning up our house and making it presentable for all those people.  I know it was lots of work getting the house picked up for it but I do think it was much easier then being somewhere else and then having to pack all that stuff up and get home. 

We got lots of fun stuff and a few useful things, we'll need to do a little shopping sometime soon for sure to get some more essentials.  It's amazing how much clothing people buy, WOW, just wow.  I know the clothes are fun and cute, but I'll have to remember not to do that when I'm shopping for other peoples showers in the future (though if I remember right I normally don't go all clothing crazy).  We still need to go through everything and see what all we really have.  The opening of presents part of the shower was kinda crazy, I just felt like I was opening and then having the stuff pulled away and another something opened.  It'll be fun to go through it all again and "reopen" it with Richard to see what we really have.

To start the shower off we had snacks and punch and things of the sort.  Pam made me an awesome diaper wreath and cake (not edible, though one of the dogs did attempt to destroy one of the extra diapers all rolled up that she gave us).  Dani made cupcakes that had cute little babies in blankets on them as well as a bunch with pacifiers and raspberries or strawberries.  Yummy!  She also made her normal turkey rolls.  Mom brought veggie trays and Barbara made some really neat looking fruit trays (which came with an awesome frog mug for us to keep).  Sara brought pita chips, triscuits, dip and humus if I recall correctly.  I didn't actually see the food table much by the time everything was on there.


Next we played games, Pam was in charge of them as she often is.  We did word scramble (which I won), drawing babies on plates on your head, trying to decide how big around my belly was (everyone was over), and name the baby version of the animal.  Did you know a baby monkey is also called an infant?  Who knew?

After that we opened presents for what felt like forever, people slowly left and I just kept opening and opening.  By this point I was hot, tired and not feeling all that fabulous.  

All that said, I had a great time, I can't thank my sisters enough for putting together such a special day for me and our little one to come.  

The cute babies, I couldn't bring myself to eat one, just felt too weird.


My aunt Maryam embroidered all of these bibs for us, very awesome.

I have a bit of a hard time bending over to do anything, what can I say?

Really nifty books from Katie.

King of the Rink!  I hope he likes hockey like his parents do!

How do you make it stop?

Sara made Chad get practical things, THANK YOU!  She also made us a really neat piggy bank but the picture didn't turn out all that great.

Another hockey shirt!  Go Pam.  And yes she wrapped my present in a Winter Hook box.

This cute little dog barks, I love it!
It's a Lion and a... oh shoot what is that other animal?  Oh yeah giraffe.

Regina couldn't make it from Florida, but the bath robe is adorable!

Barbara wrapped the high chair with various ways to say baby in other languages, very awesome.

Oh, why is getting up so darn hard?


And baby decides to push in my ribs, he loves doing that.
I agree with Cassandra, he's kinda creepy, and where are his hands?

One of the two winning plates (the other one is above)

And we have confetti EVERYWHERE... It sticks to everything... and I find it everywhere I go.  It was kind of amusing to me when I got up from my PT adjustment and there was a little star on the table. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great shower! Loved the fruit tray and cupcakes and all the gifts...very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete