Saturday, February 5, 2011

More puzzles... because I love them.

I've been working on more puzzles this year, they seem to have a calming kind of affect for me.  Life may be stressful sometimes but to just focus on one small little piece at a time and the slight color variations seem to take my mind off of whatever is going on.  I like to sit on the sofa while Richard is watching TV and enjoy his company while putting together a puzzle.  They are lots of fun and very relaxing for me.

When Adam and Valerie were visiting, Valerie and I made the two smaller puzzles (100 and 300 pc) that Richard gave me for Christmas.  After she left I did the larger puzzle (500 pc) over a couple nights.  Aren't they beautiful!  I just love the Thomas Kincaid pictures!
After I finally talked myself into breaking those down I started the Lion (750 pc).  I've had this puzzle and a few others for so many years, I bought them at Walmart in Moscow, ID while I was still in school, yea, that long!  The lion has been by far one of the more difficult puzzles I've done in awhile, everything was a similar shade of lion.   I loved building it, I loved taking it apart and putting it away.  Now it's onto another puzzle, not sure which one I'm going to do yet, but the box from Walmart came with 10 puzzles so I have a few to choose from!
Well, I managed to make a 500 pc seal puzzle before putting the pictures on the computer, so here is another one!
And after that I did one of American Lake (750 pc) but I forgot to take a picture.  How sad (I took a picture of the picture so you can see it)!  Then I did one with bears in a storage chest (750 pc).  And that was followed by a fairy on a swan (500 pc).  I do love the puzzles but I think I might make them a little to fast, at this rate I'll run out way to soon.  I have a few more coming in the mail, one is a 2000 pc puzzle, that should take awhile!
Just finished one of the 1000 piece puzzles that just came in the mail.  It has butterflies and mushrooms and really awesome colors! I took a couple closer up pictures on this one so you could see it's awesomeness. 

1 comment: