Sunday, February 20, 2011

A hockey weekend in Cheney


Our hockey team headed out to Cheney Saturday morning, and when I say our hockey team I really only mean four of us as the rest of the team all ended up with prior commitments.  We called our team there Ravens and Friends as most of our team was made up of people from Spokane. 

The Cheney hockey team was pretty brutal, very dirty, likes to check.  All those fun things that aren't really allowed in women's rec hockey.  The refs in the first game were not calling half of what they should so that really just made the game not nearly as enjoyable as it should have been.  None of us were all that excited to play again on Sunday and that is just not normal, not normal at all!  But we played the second game on Sunday, the refs that day were much better and they got some major penalties for checking.  I have no intention of ever going and playing there again and from what I've heard that's a common reaction from anyone that has gone there to play.  Kind of sad really. 

1 comment: