Saturday, December 12, 2009

A broken arm...

My mom fell on Thanksgiving day and broke her arm.  A spiral fracture of her humourus to be exact.  She spent a few days at the hospital thanks to it being a holiday weekend and no one was working at the insurance place or doctor wise.  She has since been in a rehabilitation facility where she is doing physical therapy and occupational therapy so she can be strong enough to go home and go about her day to day activities.  Two weeks later she now has a new cast, is still at the rehab place and will hopefully be coming home next Friday if all goes well. 
It's just weird not having her around for the holidays.  I've gone over and helped Dad decorate the deck and various other things.  I have no clue how mom manages to do all that decorating. When I do it, it just feels cluttered, she makes it look like it is meant to be there. 

Another thing this has made me realize is that prior to her fall, I really wasn't going to visit her half as often as I should.  She isn't THAT far away.  How is it that life feels so busy that I can't drive over and visit?  I mean really, we all know I spend WAY to much time playing on the computer anyways, some of that time could actually be used visiting my mom. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad she is doing better Amy:)
    Just a thought from little ol me, spend as much time with your mom as you can. I wish I could be around family more then we are. It's a lonely life when you are out on your own far away from any family, so when you are close by, always make a point to visit okay? They enjoy it so much:) We love you guys! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete